Click here to see the latest video on our Youtube channel about how the children feel when they are late.
We recently talked to Year 1 and 2 parents about the assessment procedures for both year groups. The powerpoint is available here.
80by18 is essentially 80 things you should look to do in Bristol before you're 18. These are all free Bristol-based activities to do with the children. We have a reward system in place for anyone who completes 10, 20, 30 etc challenges.
The E-Safety presentation can now be seen here.
Academy Council Members serve for a year, from February. Members are nominated, then elected by their peers with additional community nominees being selected by the Educate Together Academy Trust Board.
At Educate Together we actively encourage the involvement of parents in the education of your children. Research shows that children do better in school if parents take an active part in their child's education.
How can you do this?
- Come in every morning for the first ten minutes to learn with your child
- Read to your child and with your child
- Hear them read their books regularly - at least five times a week
- Find out and learn with your child about the topics they are doing - the teachers will give you this information at the start of every new term
- Visit the school often and talk to the teachers and also spend time in the classroom - there will be plenty of opportunities to do this and we will let you know.
- Shopping and cooking with your child will be an excellent way to use maths
- Attend open days and open evenings
- Help out in the class by hearing readers, playing maths games, getting involved in creative activities, helping on trips, accompanying the children and teachers to the park, helping a language lesson
- Use your skills and talents to help us
Having your say and getting involved?
- Become a parent Council Member - there will be an election every February until all year groups are in the school.
- Respond to questionnaires and surveys
- Talk to the teachers and the Headteacher
- Join Friends of Redfield Educate Together (FORET)
- Attend parent forums and parent information afternoon/evenings
- Come to family breakfasts, not Tuesdays in the school hall
Don't forget to tell us if your phone number or address change.
'Up Our Street' brings people together to effect change in our neighbourhood. We deliver communications and community development projects to inspire, inform, and motivate people to action.
If you would like to find out more about what is going on and how you can get involved with your local community with 'Up Our Street' then click 'here'