The sports premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, in the 2017 to 2018 academic year, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
1. All pupils engaged in regular physical activity and aware of the benefits of healthy active lifestyles
2. the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement by giving children experience of competitive sport and excellence in specific areas
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport
Regular staff training and review ensures sustainability.
Last year (2016-17) we received £8875. This was spent on sports equipment including including outdoor equipment and games equipment. We also used this funding to fund the coaches to take all year groups swimming for 10 weeks each.
This year 2017-18 we will receive £17120. We plan to use this for staff training, netting for the multi-use games area and coaches to sports events and swimming. We also are using some to pay towards a trained Sports Coach to take an hour's PE in each class each week.