Pupil Premium funding goes directly to the school and pays for things like school trips, specific interventions or additional teachers or assistants to provide extra support. The Pupil Premium is extra funding for every child who is eligible for free school meals throughout their time at school. This money makes a huge difference to schools and the eligible pupils.
Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
You should apply for Pupil Premium funding if you receive income support, tax credits or the other benefits listed below so that your child’s school can receive extra funding to support your child. Currently, all children up to Year 2 automatically get free school meals.
If you think your child might be entitled to Pupil Premium funding, please download and complete this form and return it to the school office.
Children in Year 3 and older
You can apply for free school meals and Pupil Premium from Year 3 onwards if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Applying online is easiest – complete the application process here.